While schools serve a critical role in our society, not every school is the right fit for every child. Alternative education – homeschooling, charter and online programs, and more – can work well for gifted and 2e children, providing an experience tailor-made to their individual intellectual, social, and emotional needs.
As the number of gifted and 2e families seeking alternatives has grown, so has the need for identifying resources and relevant information, as well as connecting with families in similar situations. Additionally, the professionals who work with gifted and 2e children require up-to-date research to best serve this community.
Gifted Homeschoolers Forum (GHF) is a 501(c)3 which supports, educates and advocates for gifted and twice exceptional children, their families, and the professionals who serve them, as they pursue alternative, lifelong educational paths.
GHF also publishes books and offers online classes for gifted and 2e students.
The goals of GHF are:
*To provide families and professionals with the online forum and opportunity to network and exchange ideas and resources
* To link interested families with information and resources, allowing them to make the best parenting and educational choices for their children
* To increase awareness and promote acceptance of the wide variety of alternative educational options for gifted and twice exceptional children
* To advance an understanding of learning as an ongoing, integral part of life.
* To advocate for gifted and twice exceptional children as needed
* To network with other education-related entities and professionals in support of these goals